To produce, to structure and to disseminate knowledge trough the development of high quality services that guarantees clients’ satisfaction, contributing to the scientific and economic valorization of their activities.
To consolidate the national leader position and become an international reference, through integrated science based solutions in medicines area and other health products.
To privilege R&D, innovation and Human Resources qualification, as a differentiation strategy and identification of opportunities in solid and innovative projects.
The main objectives of the LEF's management policy are:
- Customer satisfaction;
- The quality of the services provided, guaranteeing impartiality and independence in the activities and results generated;
- The commitment to innovation, knowledge and the qualification of human resources;
- The protection of the environment, including the prevention of polution and the use of resources in a sustainable manner;
- Strict compliance with standards, compliance obligations and applicable legislation;
- Promotion of continuous improvement in the performance of the Management System.
LEF is a company that prides itself on being environmentally responsible, having the certificate of environmental management according to ISO 14001, issued by SGS in 2015.
Every year, LEF sets objectives in the environmental program to improve the performance of its system.
In 2019 the following objectives were outlined, which are presented below with the respective results:
The reduction in the amount of plastic in our social areas was one of the objectives successfully achieved, with the replacement of plastic bottles in the meeting rooms by glass bottles, the distribution of thermoses by employees, the placement of water points in various locations in the building, and the replacement of plastic cups from the coffee machine with paper cups.
The reduction in the number of kg of broken laboratory glass was another objective that was overcome, since we managed to reduce the number of breaks by 34%, when our goal was to reduce it by 30%.
We also had the ambition to proceed with the planting of trees, an objective that was changed to a beach cleaning planned for the month of March 2020, but that ended up not happening due to the pandemic outbreak of Covid 19 and is rescheduled for the end of this year's bathing season.
It was also our ambition to understand the profile of electricity and water consumption in the building, objectives that were not completed and are underway in 2020.
In 2020 we want to:
• Maintain the building's energy consumption at 2019 levels;
• Reduce water consumption by 14%;
• Reduce the number of kg of broken glass by 30%.
The opinion of the partners is important for the improvement of the environmental performance of the company. So, if you have any suggestions, please send it to us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.